- WCTB project and co-operation researchers have published a thematic section "Writing at Borders" in Culture Unbound: Journal of Current Cultura Research, Vol. 6. http://www.cultureunbound.ep.liu.se/current-volume.html#block6
- Tuulikki Kurki has published a book review "Perspectives on Mobility" in Journal of Borderlands Studies, vol. 29, issue 4. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08865655.2014.982984
- Tiiu Jaago published an article Nõukogude aeg elulugudes – 'katkestus' või 'järjepidevus'. Summary in English: The Soviet Period in Life Narratives: ‘Rupture' or ‘Continuity'. – Mäetagused, nr 57, lk 7-28, http://www.folklore.ee/tagused/nr57/jaago.pdf.
- Tuija Saarinen published an article The Soviet Union and Soviet citizens in Finnish magazines. Nordlit 3/2014.
- Mari Ristolainen published an article Russian Border Guards' Self-Writing Online: Breaking Down the Soviet Cult of Heroism? in Scando-Slavica, Vol. 60, 1/2014.
- April 24, report of the Border Code conference was published in Estonian Mäetagused journal http://www.folklore.ee/tagused/nr56/. The report was written by Tuulikki Kurki and translated in Estonian by Tiiu Jaago.
- March 42, the multicultural reading group gathered to discuss Marina Tsetajeva's Devil and other stories.
- March 12, Filmborders III: Africa! started. (see Filmborders III: Africa!)
- February 24, the multicultural reading group gathered to discuss Bengt Jangfelt's book on Vladimir Majakovsky, Panoksena elämä: Vladimir Majakovski ja hänen piirinsä.
- January 15, Filmborders II viewed Andrei Tarkovski's Stalker. Introduction to the film was presented by Tuulikki Kurki.
- WCTB project started to write a theme issue based on the Border Code conference for the Laboratorium journal. (Laboratorium home page www.soclabo.org)
- January 20, The multicultural reading group held its first meeting in 2014. Boris Akunin's Turkish Gambit was discussed.