Why study Tourism Marketing and Management at University of Eastern Finland (UEF)?
We want to provide our students with the best possible opportunities to build a career in developing the tourism business field in a sustainable way.
We promise that you will:
1) Learn skills and knowledge for combining tourism business growth and sustainability
- We have a unique thematic focus in balancing doing profitable business and developing sustainability in tourism. The skills and knowledge related to this topic are increasingly sought after by the industry. It is not enough any more to be able to grow a tourism business or destinations, it needs to be done in a sustainable way.
- Career possibilities after graduation are many: you can be an entrepreneur, a destination marketer or manager, social media specialist, business manager, or a strategy consultant. You can work in start-ups, destination management organizations, tourism development projects, tourism businesses, or in the hospitality field.
- Read more about our courses here.
2) Enjoy high-quality Finnish education
- Education in our tourism course is based on the research we are doing. This means that it is relevant, up-to-date, and based on peer-reviewed science.
- We are also using innovative teaching methods such as flipped classroom to support the student learning process.
- Read more about our educational methods here.
- UEF is ranked among top 500 universities in the world in Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019, Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020, and QS World University Rankings 2020.
- In Hospitality and Tourism Management we stand among top 200 universities in ARWU rankings. We do not have a tourism-focused school, but tourism research is done in a multidisciplinary way in various schools in our university.
- UEF is also ranked #49 among universities under 50 years old. See more about the rankings here.
Tourism Marketing and Management studies done in collaboration with businesses.
3) Get a degree valued by the industry in a growing business field
- Travel and tourism are globally one of the fastest-growing fields with a constant need for skilled professionals.
- Our students receive the degree of Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, with a focus on tourism marketing and management.
- Compared to MBA's, our degree is more research-oriented. Research skills are increasingly important in tourism marketing and management and mastering qualitative and quantitative research provides many possibilities for our students to succeed in their career.
Come and enjoy the exotic Finnish educational experience
Interested in being one of the 15 students annually admitted to making tourism better with us?
Read here more about our eligibility criteria and how to apply. See especially the Application process tab.
If you have any questions about the programme we are happy to help you:
WhatsApp: +358 40 184 2698
Read about most frequently asked questions: http://www.uef.fi/web/tmm/frequently-asked-questions-faq-