Results of the selection process
The results of the selection process are announced in the end of May each year.
For those who have not graduated before the application period closes, the offer of a study place is conditional. The officially certified copy of the Bachelor's or Master's degree certificate (in original language and as translations, if applicable) should be submitted by the yearly set deadline.
As soon as the selection process has been finalised, all applicants are notified as to whether or not they have been accepted onto the Master's degree programme in International Economic and Resources Law. The notification is made via email as well as by letter sent via post.
Applicants who are selected must confirm the offered study place in May.
All the selected students will receive an information package. It includes at least the following:
- Signed letter concerning the results of the selection process
- Form for accepting the offer of admission to be returned to the University of Eastern Finland
- Information on the date, time and place when and where the studies commence (international orientation week for foreign students at the University of Eastern Finland)
- Important contact information and Internet resources
- Information on accommodation, residence permits and the student union
- Instructions for making a request for appeal
What if I get rejected?
All rejected applicants will receive a signed letter informing them of the results of the admission process, the most common grounds for rejection, contact information for further contacts as well as instructions for making a request for appeal.
Request for rectification
If there are grounds for the rejected applicant to question the validity of her/his non-selection (e.g. the grounds for which she or he became rejected), the applicant has the right to make a request for rectification.
Please note that the request for rectification does not give the applicant the possibility to submit missing or late attachments.
Instructions for making a request for rectification from the Board of Appeal concerning
- Student admission and admission to a major subject or specialisation during the studies (PDF)
- Recognition of studies (PDF)
One study place per term provision
NOTE: According to this provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term. This rule applies to all higher education.
Higher education degrees included in the provision are:
- Bachelor degrees and Master degrees awarded by Finnish universities of applied sciences.
- Bachelor degrees and Master degrees awarded by Finnish universities
- Licentiate and Doctoral degrees awarded by Finnish universities
The provision applies to higher education regardless of how the studies are provided. For example, if you have accepted a study place from a separate application, you cannot accept a study place from the joint application in the same term.
This means that the student must secure that he/she sends the confirmation form to the first priority of the programmes he/she has been admitted. If the student sends several confirmation forms, the form that is registered first will determine which study programme the student will be accepted to.
The academic term (1.8.-31.12. or 1.1.-31.7) is the set framework for implementation. The provision does not prevent acceptance of a place in another degree programme during another academic term. Even if the student postpones the commencement of studies, or interrupts his/her studies, that student cannot accept another study place for a degree programme starting in the same academic term.