Various museums in the campus cities offer many interesting exhibitions to culture enthusiasts.
- Carelicum -North Karelian Museum, A visit there is an excellent way of getting to know Joensuu and North Karelia, its culture, and the essence of Karelianness. Koskikatu 5
- Joensuu Bunker Museum, Two renovated bunkers will take you back 50 years to the time when former generations fought for Finland's independence, Virrantaus 7
- Kuopio Natural History Museum, The Kuopio Museum comprises the Kuopio Cultural History Museum and the Kuopion Natural History Museum, Kauppakatu 23
- Korttelimuseo (Old Kuopio Museum), Kirkkokatu 22, old buildings and interiors, and very nice cafe
- J.V. Snellmanin kotimuseo (J.V.Snellman Home Museum), Snellmaninkatu 19, home of a great Finnish statesman J.V. Snellman
- Riisa (Orthodox Church Museum of Finland), Karjalankatu 1, treasures of old monasteries