International students must have a valid personal insurance from any internationally recognised, reliable and financially sound insurance agency for the duration of your stay. The insurance should cover all costs related to treatment of sudden illness, accidents and accidental death. The insurance is a requirement for obtaining a residence permit for studies. The health insurance must be valid upon entry to Finland.

Finnish higher education institutes have negotiated health insurance packages with Marsh/SIP and they have been pre-approved by the Finnish Immigration Service. These packages are primarily for non EU/EEA students but can be bought by EU students if they wish to have private health insurance during their stay in Finland.

International health insurances for students are offered, for instance, by the following companies:

Find more detailed information here enlightened