Incoming exchange students in Dentistry
Guidelines for application
This is a short guide for exchange students in Dentistry on how to apply for studies at the Institute of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio campus. If you are applying for admission as an exchange student, you should have completed at least the first year of university level studies. For clinical studies three years studies are usually required and for clinical practice you should have completed at least the theoretical studies about the specialities applied before arrival. The suggested minimum period of exchange is three months and for ERASMUS+ training two months.
Students who start their exchange at the University of Eastern Finland already in September are invited to join in the orientation week organized in the beginning of the month.
How to apply:
- Contact the International Office at your home university to find out if there is an exchange agreement between the UEF and your home university.
- Start planning your academic study programme, you should note that the courses that you intend to take should be transferable in the degree you pursue at your home university .
- The minimum period of exchange organized by the University of Eastern Finland is three (3) months.
- Your home university approves your study programme and confirms the programme by signing the learning agreement.
- Coordinators at partner universities first nominates candidate for student exchange at UEF by sending an e-mail to International Student Services (international.kuopio(at)uef.fi)
- After nomination (UEF) will create usernames and send them to the applicants by e-mail. The University of Eastern Finland (UEF) has an online application tool for student exchange, applicants can log in to the system and fill in the online application.
- If you want to proceed, after having met your coordinator, we kindly ask you or your coordinator to send us your application.
- Please note that it is not possible to apply after the deadline, paper application forms will not be considered anymore.
Submit the application by the following deadlines:
- The online application tool is available for the full academic year 2020-2021 (September - May), 30 April for autumn semester (September - December) or full academic year (September - May) studies, 30 September for spring semester (January - May) studies
Application check list
- Application form: complete the form clearly with BLOCK letters or type electronically. The application form must be signed both by the applicant and the coordinator of the home institution.
- One photograph, please attach your photograph to the first page of application.
- Enclosures: official Transcript of Academic Records (an English translation of the Transcript of Academic Records is required), Learning Agreement, Motivation Letter (motivation letter is voluntary), Copy of Passport (identification page)
The application information for UEF/Kuopio is available at: http://www.uef.fi/en/web/admissions/exchange-students.
Courses of Institute of Dentistry for the study year 2020-2021
- Dentomaxillofacial radiology for foreign exchange students : ( 4433030) Panoramic radiography exercise, 1-2 credits (autumn 2020- spring 2021 )
- Prosthetic dentistry and stomatognathic physiology : ( 4433009) Tempomandibular disorders I, 4 credits (autumn 2020 )
- ( 4433018) Extraorally fabricated dental fillings (INLAY-ONLAY), 1 credit ( autumn 2020 )
- ( 4433014) Fixed prosthodontics, 5.5. credits ( spring 2021 )
- (4433031) Dental materials, 1.5. credits ( spring 2021)
- ( 4433034) Orthodontic treatment and screening for treatment, 4,5 credits (spring 2021)
- (4433023) Restorative cariology, 1-4 credits (autumn 2020 )
- (4433021) Endodontics, 2,5 credits (spring 2021)
- ( 4433027) Oral pathology I (Oral mucosal diseases), 1,5 credits ( spring 2021)
- (4437041) Clinical orientation, 2 credits (autumn 2020 –spring 2021 )
Although the whole curriculum for degree students is at our web pages also in English, those courses are offered in Finnish only (fluent Finnish needed). Because of this we have an English program for exchange students.
Please see the courses for exchnage students: https://weboodi.uef.fi/weboodi/etusivu.html
Select: Instruction/Courses – Course catalogues – Faculty of Health Sciences – Institute of Dentistry– Dentistry for exchange students .
the Institute of Dentistry
Elisa Miettinen, Coordinator for incoming international students, (elisa.miettinen (at)uef.fi)
the International Student Services at Kuopio campus, international.kuopio(at)uef.fi