List of Master's degree programmes by application period
For students having completed a Bachelor's degree, the University of Eastern Finland offers a wide variety of Master's degree programmes taught in English. Most of the programmes offer courses that are also open to exchange and visiting students. Browse through these pages to learn more about what we offer!
Master's degree programmes
Application period for September 2021 will be from 1st December 2020 until 20th January 2021. Admission requirements for 2020 are on studyinfo.fi portal and on the programme websites, and new requirements for 2021 will be published by the end of September.
Kindly note that there are no undergraduate or Bachelor’s level studies available in English at the University of Eastern Finland. Undergraduate studies are offered in Finnish language only.
Please see how to apply. Should you have any questions about completing your application, please contact our admissions office, admissions[at]uef.fi.
Application period for studies starting in autumn 2021 will begin on 1st December.
- Biology of Environmental Change, Joensuu
- Biology of Environmental Change, Kuopio
- Biomedicine (BIOMED), Kuopio
- Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication, Joensuu
English Language and Culture, Joensuu
European Forestry (Erasmus Mundus), Joensuu
General Toxicology, Kuopio
Imaging and Light in Extended Reality (IMLEX) (Erasmus Mundus), Joensuu New
Information Technology (IMPIT), Joensuu
Learning, Teaching and Counselling in Intercultural Context, Joensuu (not available for 2021 intake)
- Linguistic Data Sciences, Joensuu
- Medical Physics, Kuopio
- Pedagogy and Teaching for Sustainability, Joensuu (new programme for 2021)
- Photonics, Joensuu
- Public Health (MPH), Kuopio
- Research Chemists, Joensuu
- Tourism Marketing and Management, Joensuu
- Wood Materials Science, Joensuu
Master's degree programmes - information on how to apply on the programme websites
- Clinical Linguistics, Joensuu
Coordinator: Juuso Loikkanen
- Computational Colour and Spectral Imaging (COSI), Joensuu
Coordinator: Laura Hurmalainen
- Double Degree MSc Programme in Computer Science and Engineering
Coordinator: Oili Kohonen
- Joint Nordic Master Programme in Environmental Law (NOMPEL)
Coordinator: Hanna Partinen
- Photonics for Security Reliability and Safety (PSRS) (Erasmus Mundus)
Coordinator: Noora Heikkilä
- Primary Education (commissioned), Joensuu