Medical Physicist Studies
In the Faculty of Science and Forestry, it is possible to complete medical physicist studies in the form of professional postgraduate education. The studies include completion of an academic postgraduate degree, which can be either a licentiate or a doctorate. To apply for the studies, please use the form Application for Doctoral Studies on the UEF Doctoral School website.
Medical Physicist Examination
Students may take the medical physicist examination after completing three years of practical training. Students must apply for the right to take the examination from the Education Committee of Medical Physicists (Professor Sauli Savolainen, chair, University of Helsinki) at least six weeks before the date of the examination. The application must show the completed practical training up to that date (accompanied by a staff register and instructor´s statement of the contents of the practical training) as well as the date on which and place where the radiation safety examination was taken.
Candidates must register for the examination by email at least one month before the date of the exam at kuulustelu(at)uef.fi, and also send a copy to Professor Sauli Savolainen (sauli.savolainen(at)helsinki.fi) and to the secretary of the Education Committee for Medical Physicists (neuvottelukunta_sihteeri(at)sairaalafyysikot.fi).
Contact persons at the University of Eastern Finland
Professor Petro Julkunen, petro.julkunen(at)uef.fi, tel. +358 500 960 181, Melania 330, Kuopio campus
- Member of the national Education Committee of Medical Physicists
- In charge of medical physicists education at the University of Eastern Finland
Head of Academic Affairs Kaisa Laitinen, kaisa.laitinen(at)uef.fi, tel. +358 50 432 7573, Natura 348, Joensuu campus
- Certificates of competence
- Study guidance
- Finnish Association of Medical Physicists
- International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP)
- Nordic Association for Clinical Physics (NACP)
- European Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics (EFOMP)
- International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine (UIPESM)
- Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (STUK)
- National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health (Valvira)