Applications are submitted through the national Studyinfo portal (studyinfo.fi) by 22 January 2020 15.00 (GMT+2). The electronic version of the application will be considered sufficient. Once the online application has been filled out, required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application by 29 January 2020 15.00 (GMT+2). Required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application. Paper copies are not required during the application period. Please see more information on how to submit documents here.
All admitted applicants are required to submit their original educational documents for verification upon arrival in Finland.
Should you have any questions about completing your application, please contact our admissions office, admissions(at)uef.fi, tel. +358 29 445 8990.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Degree certificate(s). The degree certificate should include the name of the institution awarding the degree, the date of issue, the name of the degree and the name of the degree holder.
2. Transcript of academic records. The transcript should include full titles and completion period of the units that the student has completed for the degree (or at the very least the overall study time at the institution), grades and credit points obtained together with information on the grading scale used at the institution at the time of study. The transcript must cover the full length of studies.
3. Certificate of English proficiency. See here for detailed information about submitting the language test reports.
4. Copy of the identification page of passport.
5. Motivation letter. The letter should depict applicant's educational goals and study objectives for the University of Eastern Finland and explain their personal motives for choosing this particular programme.
6. Preliminary research plan for the Master's thesis. The plan should contain research theme, research questions and suggestions regarding research methodology.
See also country-specific document requirements. Please note that country-specific requirements apply only to admitted applicants. During the application period, only scanned copies of original documents are required.
If educational documents are issued in a language other than English, Finnish or Swedish, official translations of them to one of these languages are required. Further information regarding educational documents can be found here.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The results of the selection will be announced to the applicants by 27 March 2020. All applicants will be informed of their acceptance/rejection by email. The successful candidates are required to accept their study place by 4 May 2020 15.00 (GMT+2).
Students selected for the programme will commence their studies in September 2020.