Fees and payment
- Pay your fees at the library's customer service (cash or card, KUH Medical Library accepts only cash).
- Overdue fee 0,50 €/item/working day will begin to accumulate immediately after the due date, maximum overdue fee is 10,00 €/item.
- For reading room loans, the overdue fee is 2,50 €/item/working day, maximum fee is 15,00 €/item.
- Overdue fees are not charged from staff members. However, if loans are overdue for more than 28 days, a loan block will become effective.
- The library sends a courtesy notice of an upcoming due date. Courtesy notices will not be sent to staff members.
- The first overdue notification will be sent on the following working day after the due date, and the second overdue notification will be sent 14 days after the due date. This also applies to staff members.
- Keep an eye out for the due dates of your loans! Not receiving a notification, Internet blackouts or technical issues do not relieve you of paying any overdue fees.
- A loan block will become effective, after 28 days of the due date, or if your accumulated fees amount to 10,00 € or more.
- The library will invoice overdue loans and unpaid fees. Unpaid invoices will be transferred to debt collection agency.
Compensating for books
You can compensate for lost or damaged books in three different ways:
- By replacing it with the same or newer edition and by paying the processing costs of 5,00 €
- By paying 60,00 € to the library's cash desk; items of a bigger value will be compensated according to their actual acquisition price
- By paying the library's invoice of 76,00 € (incl. invoicing fee of 5,00 €) or the sum equivalent to the actual acquisition price + invoicing fee of 5,00 €.
Login to UEF Primo and choose Fine+Fees section under My Account to see the fees on your account.
Online you can pay only overdue fees, reservation fees and fines for uncollected reservations. Online payment is possible with all the Finnish online bank services and payment cards (VISA, VISA Electron, MasterCard).
Before you pay online, please note that:
- You cannot change the amount you pay; you must pay the whole amount of fees.
- The minimum sum you can pay is 3,00 €.
- If you have fees that cannot be paid online, contact the library's customer service.
- Online payment is not possible during a service break.
Click the Pay Online button.
Please be sure to return back to UEF Primo (Return to seller's service) after you have made the payment, so that it will be registered to the library system without delay.
Paytrail Plc (2122839-7) acts as an implementer of the payment handling service and as a Payment Service Provider in cooperation with Finnish banks and credit institutions. In the VISA, VISA Electron and MasterCard payments, Paytrail Plc will be shown as the receiver in the invoice and they will forward the payment to the merchant. Paytrail Plc is a licensed payment institution. For the consumer, the service works exactly the same way as the traditional web payment services.
Paytrail Plc, Business ID: 2122839-7
Telephone: 0207 181830
For more information
Joensuu 0294 45 8397
Kuopio 0294 45 8400
KUH Medical Library 0294 45 8402
Feedback will be processed daily. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately if they are essential to the service and in accordance with the operating policy. All feedback will be processed in the relevant services. If necessary, feedback will also be processed in the library's working groups. Feedback and the changes prompted by feedback will be processed annually by the management group in the management review.