Music is the only truly international language. You can enjoy music in all campus towns.
Joensuu City Orchestra's home venue is the Carelia Hall at the Joensuu Campus of the University of Eastern Finland (Yliopistokatu 4). The rock and pop music scene in Joensuu is very active. A popular rock festival called Ilosaarirock is arranged every year in mid-July drawing thousands of young people into the city. There are several live performances weekly in the local venues such as Kerubi. Please follow the advertisements and bulletin boards.
Savonlinna is especially famous for its Opera Festival organised in July.
You can study playing musical instruments and singing at Conservatoires, Community Colleges and music schools.
- Music school Musa Pekka, Torikatu 30
- Community College of the Joensuu Area, Papinkatu 3
- Joensuu Conservatory, Rantakatu 31
- Kuopio Conservatoire, Kuopionlahdenkatu 23 C
- Community College of Kuopio (Kansalaisopisto), Puistokatu 20
- Musiikkikoulu Kantele, Kasarmikatu 12
- Savonlinna Music Academy, Puistokatu 5