Employment for Spouse/Partner

Citizens of the EU member states can work without any working permits. If you come from a non-EU country and have been granted a residence permit on the basis of family ties you will have an unlimited right to work in Finland. The right to work will also be entered on your residence permit card (migri.fi).

If your spouse does not have a job, he/she should register as an unemployed job seeker at the local Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office). The TE Office will provide help in job seeking and offer language and vocational education. This is how to register as as a job seeker

For vacancies, please see:
Ministry of Labour (currently available in Finnish)