Note: UEF=University of Eastern Finland, LUT=Lappenranta University of Technoloy, JoY = University of Joensuu, KuY = University of Kuopio.
- Arash Mirhashemi, UEF, Hyperspectral image acquisition, estimation, and feature extraction of complex and textured surfaces
- Alsen Kapinga, UEF, Mobile Technology for Empowerment: A case of Women Entrepreneurs in Food Processing Sector in Tanzania
- Lahari Sengupta, UEF, Evaluation and players’ performance of the location-based game O-Mopsi
- Sandhya Kode, UEF, Enhancing Information Technology Education in Indian Context – A Design Story
- Adekunle Afolabi, UEF, Real-time Recommendation Systems in Healthcare: Designing for Aged and Chronically Ill People
- Hana Vrzakova, UEF, Machine learning methods in interaction inference from gaze
- Hoorieh Afkari Roshkari, UEF, Interactions in the micro-surgery operating room: the potentials for gaze-based interaction in the surgical microscope
- Alexey Sholokhov, UEF, Improving machine learning methods for speaker recognition and segmentation
- John Loewen, UEF, Framework for authentic and relevant learning systems for indigenous learners
- Nasibu Rajabu Mramba, UEF, Mobile technology for street traders in Tanzania
- Solomon Sunday Oyelere, UEF, Design and development of a mobile learning system for computer science education in Nigerian higher education contex
- Richard A.W. Tortorella, UEF, Framework for Context Aware Learning Systems
- Aleksandr Sizov, UEF, Secure and robust speech representations for speaker and language recognition
- Marwan Albahar, UEF, Bluetooth pairing security : threats and countermeasures
- Rosa González Hautamäki, UEF, Human-induced voice modification and speaker recognition : automatic, perceptual and acoustic perspectives
- Olayemi Olaolu Olawumi, UEF, Data Security in Smart Devices for Assisted Living
- Emmanuel Kolog, UEF, Contextualising the application of human-language technologies for counselling
- Radu Mariescu-Istodor, UEF, Efficient management and search of GPS-routes
- Ana Gebejes, UEF, Spectral video: application in human eye analysis and tracking
- Myriam Douce Munezero, UEF, Leveraging emotion and word-based features for antisocial behavior detection in user-generated content
- G. M. Atiqur Rahaman, UEF, Use of Reflectance Measurements to Study Turbid Media by Imaging
- Najlah Gali, UEF, Summarizing the Content of Web pages
- Taina Kurki, UEF, Roolipohjainen resurssienhallinta tiedonhallinnan työkaluna pelastustoimessa
- Pavel Orlov, UEF, Extrafoveal Vision During Source Code Comprehension: a Gaze-Contingent Tool
- Shahram Eivazi, UEF, Eye gaze patterns in micro-neurosurgery : from remote to ocular-based eye tracker
- Piotr Bartczak, UEF, Spectrally tunable light sources for implementing computationally designed illuminations
- Hamid Behravan, UEF, Advances in automatic foreign accent recognition
- Kari Saarelainen, How and why things happen - anatomy of IT service incidents
- Miia-Maarit Saarelainen, UEF, Decision-making in modernization of information systems
- Rezaei Mohammad, UEF, Clustering validation
- Tomonori Tashiro, UEF, A User-Centered Design of Discomfort Glare Evaluation for White LED Light Sources
- Susanna Martikainen, UEF, Towards better usability: usability and end-user participation in healthcare
information technology systems development. Download dissertation
- Karol Waga, UEF, Processing, Analysis and Recommendation of Location Data. Download dissertation
- Andrei Tabarcea, UEF, Location-Based Web Search and Mobile Applications. Download dissertation
- Bennett Kankuzi, UEF, Deficiencies in Spreadsheets: A Mental Model Perspective. Download dissertation
- Mikko Malinen, UEF, New Alternatives for k-Means Clustering. Download dissertation
- Paras Pant, UEF, Optimizing Spectral Bands of Airborne Imager for Tree Species Classification. Download dissertation
- Marcus Duveskog, UEF, Digital Storytelling for HIV and AIDS Education in Africa. Download dissertation
- Gaetano La Russa, UEF, Towards an Understanding of Humanoid Robots in eLC Applications. Download dissertation
- Marjo Virnes, UEF, Four Seasons of Educational Robotics: Substantive Theory on the Encounters Between Educational Robotics and Children in the Dimensions of Access and Ownership. Download dissertation
- Jyri Kemppainen, UEF, Appropriating IT Service management Education in a Tansanian University: Global and Local Perspectives. Download dissertation
- Guangbing Yang, UEF, Contextual Text Summarization for Content Processing in Mobile Learning. Download dissertation
- Marika Pentikäinen, UEF, Co-Development of Work and Information Systems - An Analysis of the Construction of the Activity-Driven ISD Methodology in 2001–2013. Download dissertation
- Andres Moreno, UEF, Re-Designing Program Animation - From Tools' Roles to New Learning Activities. Download dissertation
- Anu Raninen, UEF, Practical Process Improvement: How to Initiate Software Process Improvement in a Small Company. Download dissertation
- Tommi Tykkälä, LUT, Real-time Image-based RGB-D Camera Motion Tracking and Environment Mapping. Download dissertation
- Nataliya Strokina, LUT, Machine Vision Methods for Process Measurements in Pulping. Download dissertation
- Harri Hämäläinen, LUT, Integration of Learning Supportive Applications into the Development of the e-Portfolio Construction Process. Download dissertation
- Ilkka Jormanainen, UEF, Supporting Teachers in Unpredictable Robotics Learning Environments. Download dissertation
- Yue Dai, UEF, Designing Text Mining-Based Competitive Intelligence Systems. Download dissertation
- Caiming Zhong, UEF, Improvements on Graph-Based Clustering Methods. Download dissertation
- Rauno Pirinen, UEF, Towards Realization of Research and Development in a University of Applied Sciences. Download dissertation
- Zijian Zhu, UEF, High Quality High Dynamic Range Imaging. Download dissertation
- Andrey Maglyas, LUT, Overcoming the Complexity of Software Product Management. Download dissertation
- Pesal Koirala, UEF, Simulation and measurement of colored surfaces. Download dissertation
- Joseph Bada, UEF, Integrating digital learning objects for HIV/AIDS prevention: a contextualized approach. Download dissertation
- Minjie Chen, UEF, Processing of Maps and GPS Trajectories in Locationbased Applications. Download dissertation
- Were Oyomno, LUT, Usable Privacy Preservation in Mobile Electronic. Download dissertation
- Carolina Islas Sedano, UEF, Hypercontextualised Games. Download dissertation
- Hanna-Miina Sihvonen, UEF, Studies on Software Process Improvement in Organisational Changes. Download dissertation
- Irmeli Luukkonen, UEF, Activity-Driven Needs Analysis and Modelling in Information System Development. Download dissertation
- Qinpei Zhao, UEF, Cluster Validity in Clustering Methods. Download dissertation
- Jonna Laaksonen, LUT, Tactile-Proprioceptive Robotic Grasping. Download dissertation
- Jukka Antikainen, UEF, New Techniques for Spectral Image Acquistion and Analysis. Download dissertation.
- Sami Jantunen, LUT, Making Sense of Software Product Requirements. Download dissertation
- Hongyu Li, UEF, Spectral and Manifold Clustering for Image Segmentation and Retrieval.
- Saku Kukkonen, LUT, Generalized Differential Evolution for Global Multi-Objective Optimization with Constraints. Download dissertation
- Teemu H. Laine, UEF, Technology Intergration in Context-Aware Learning Spaces. Download dissertation
- Tuija Tiihonen, UEF, Information System in Context: Building a Tool for Analysing the Sociotechnical Context of Organisational Information Systems. Download dissertation
- Ari Happonen, LUT, Muuttuvaan kysyntään sopeutuva varastonohjausmalli (in Finnish). Download dissertation.
- Anssi Jääskeläinen, LUT, Integrating User Experience into Early Phases of Software Development. Download dissertation.
- Jukka Kasurinen, LUT, Software Test Process Development. Download dissertation.
- Teemu Kinnunen, LUT, Bag-of-Features Approach to Unsupervised Visual Object Categorisation. Download dissertation.
- Alexey Andriyashin, UEF, Non-Negative Bases in Spectral Image Archiving. Download dissertation.
- Evgeny Karpov, UEF, Efficient Speaker Recognition for Mobile Devices. Download dissertation.
- Maija Marttila-Kontio, UEF, Visual Data Flow Programming Languages: Challenges and Opportunities. Download dissertation.
- Topi Haapio, UEF, Improving Effort Management in Software Development Projects. Download dissertation.
- Satu Alaoutinen, LUT, Enabling Constructive Alignment in Programming Instruction.
- Rahim Saeidi, UEF, Advances in Front-end and Back-end for Speaker Recognition. Download dissertation.
- Ville Heikkinen, UEF, Kernel Methods for Estimation and Classification of Data from Spectral Imaging. Download dissertation.
- Minna Kamppuri, UEF, Theoretical and Methodological Challenges of Cross-Cultural Interaction Design. Download dissertation.
- Tomi Kauppi, LUT, Eye Fundus Image Analysis for Automatic Detection of Diabetic Retinopathy. Download dissertation.
- Albert Sadovnikov, LUT, Computational Evaluation of Print Unevenness According to Human Vision. Download dissertation.
- Tuija Jetsu, UEF, Modeling Color Vision. Download dissertation.
- Tuomas Eerola, LUT,Computational Visual Quality of Digitally Printed Images. Download dissertation.
- Ukishima Masayuki, UEF, Prediction and Evaluation of Color Halftone Print Quality Based on Microscopic Measurement. Download dissertation.
- Diana Kalenova, LUT, Color and Spectral Image Assessment Using Novel Quality and Fidelity Techniques. Download dissertation.
- Jani Rönkkönen, LUT, Continuous Multimodal Global Optimization with Differential Evolution-Based Methods. Download dissertation
- Olli Alkkiomäki, LUT, Sensor Fusion of Proprioception, Force and Vision in Estimation and Robot Control. Download dissertation.
- Matti Juutilainen, LUT, Towards Open Access Networks - Prototyping with the Lappeenranta Model. Download dissertation.
- Jussi Nuutinen, JoY, Nucleus Model for Designing Social Mindtools: Woven Stories. Download dissertation.
- Juha Lehtonen, JoY, Spectral Sampling and Spectral Image Compression
- Tanja Toroi, KuY, Testing Component-Based Systems - Towards Conformance Testing and Better Interoperability. Download dissertation.
- Niko Myller, JoY, Collaborative Software Visualization for Learning: Theory and Applications. Download dissertation.
- Konstantin Hyppönen, KuY, Open Mobile Identity: Secure identity management and mobile payments using hand-held devices. Download dissertation.
- Keijo Haataja, KuY, Security Threats and Countermeasures in Bluetooth-Enabled Systems. Download dissertation.
- Toni Kuparinen, LUT, Reconstruction and Analysis of Surface Variation Using Photometric Stereo. Download dissertation.
- Ville Hautamäki, JoY, Improving Pattern Recognition Methods for Speaker Recognition. Download dissertation.
- Marko Jäntti, KuY, Difficulties in Managing Software Problems and Defects. Download dissertation.
- Roman Bednarik, JoY, Methods to Analyze Visual Attention Strategies: Applications in the Studies of Programming. Download dissertation
- Alexey Podlasov, JoY, Processing of Map Images for Improving Quality and Compression. Download dissertation
- Jarmo Ilonen, LUT, Supervised Local Image Feature Detection. Download dissertation.
- Tuomo Kakkonen, JoY, Framework and Resources for Natural Language Parser. Download dissertation.
- Marko Hassinen, KuY, Studies in Mobile Security. Download dissertation
- Maxim Mozgovoy, JoY, Enhancing Computer-Aided Plagiarism Detection. Download dissertation.
- Petri Pehkonen, KuY, Methods for Mining Data from Genome Wide High-Throughput Technologies. Download dissertation.
- Ossi Taipale, LUT, Observations on Software Testing Practise. Download dissertation.
- Huang Haibin, JoY, Lossless Audio Coding for MPEG-4. Download dissertation.
- Mikko Vesisenaho, JoY, Developing University-level Introductory ICT Education in Tanzania: A Contextualized Approach. Download dissertation.
- Timo Koponen, KuY, Evaluation of Maintenance Processes in Open Source Software Projects Through Defect and Version Management Systems. Download dissertation.
- Jarkko Vartiainen, LUT, Measuring Irregularities and Surface Defects from Printed Patterns. Download dissertation.
- Niina Päivinen, KuY, Scale-free Clustering: A Quest for the Hidden Knowledge. Download dissertation.
- Juha Mykkänen, KuY, Specification of Reusable Integration Solutions in Health Information Systems. Download dissertation.
- Junhong Liu, LUT, On the Differential Evolution Algorithm and Its Application to Training Radial Basis Function Networks
- Risto Honkanen, KuY, Towards Optical Communication in Parallel Computing. Download dissertation.
- Alexander Akimov, JoY, Compression of Digital Maps. Download dissertation.
- Matti Tedre, JoY, The Development of Computer Science: A Sociocultural Perspective. Download dissertation.
- Leena Ikonen, LUT, Distance Transforms of of Gray-Level Surfaces. Download dissertation.
- Ismo Kärkkäinen, JoY, Methods for Fast and Reliable Clustering. Download dissertation.
- Erja Mustonen-Ollila, LUT, Information System Process Innovation Adoption, Adaptation, Learning, and Unlearning: A Longitudinal Case Study
- Päivi Ovaska, LUT, Studies on Coordination of Systems Development Process. Download dissertation.
- Tomi Kinnunen, JoY, Optimizing Spectral Feature Based Text-Independent Speaker Recognition. Download dissertation.
- Mantao Xu, JoY, K-means Based Clustering and Context Quantization. Download dissertation.
- Jarkko Suhonen, JoY, A Formative Development Method for Digital Learning Environments in Sparse Learning Communities. Download dissertation.
- Kari Heikkinen, LUT, Conceptualization of User-Centric Personalization Management
- Olli Virmajoki, JoY, Pairwise Nearest Neighbor Method Revisited.
- Paula Leinonen, KuY, Automation of Document Structure Transformations. Download dissertation.
- Uolevi Nikula, LUT, Introducing Basic Systematic Requirements Engineering Practices in Small Organizations with an Easy to Adopt Method. Download dissertation.
- Pavel Kopylov, JoY, Processing and Compression of Raster Map Images. Download dissertation.
- Pekka Jäppinen, LUT, ME - Mobile Electronic Personality. Download dissertation.
- Jarno Mielikäinen, LUT, Lossless Compression of Hyperspectral Images.
- Joni-Kristian Kämäräinen, LUT, Feature Extraction using Gabor Filters. Download thesis.
- Alexander Kolesnikov, JoY, Efficient Algorithms for Vectorization and Polygonal Approximation
- Kari Smolander, LUT, On the Role of Architecture in Systems Development.
- Tuomo Kauranne, LUT, Introducing Parallel Computers into Operational Weather Forecasting. Download dissertation.
- Lasse Lensu, LUT, Photoelectric Properties of Bacteriorhodopsin Films for Photosensing and Information Processing.
- Ville Kyrki, LUT, Local and Global Feature Extraction for Invariant Object Recognition. Download dissertation.
- Stephen Eriksson-Bique, JoY, An Algebraic Theory of Multidimensional Arrays. Download dissertation.
- Jouni Ikonen, LUT, Improving Distributed Simulation in a Workstation Environment.
- Markku Tukiainen, JoY, Developing a New Model of Spreadsheet Calculation: A Goals and Plans Approach.. Download dissertation.
- Arto Kaarna, LUT, Multispectral Image Compression using the Wavelet Transform. Download dissertation.
- Eugene Ageenko, JoY, Context-based Compression of Binary Images. Download dissertation.
- Michael Frydrych, LUT, Color Vision System based on Bacteriorhodopsin.
- Markku Hauta-Kasari, LUT, Computational Techniques for Spectral Image Analysis. Download dissertation.
- Seppo Leppäjärvi, LUT, Image Segmentation and Analysis for Automatic Color Correction.
- Virpi Kasurinen, KuY, Informal and Formal Requirements Specification.
- Jari Porras, LUT, Developing a Distributed Simulation Environment on a Cluster of Workstations. Download dissertation.
- Simo Juvaste, JoY, Modeling Parallel Shared Memory Computations. Download dissertation.
- Erkki Pesonen, KuY, Studies on the Experimental Construction of a Neural Network-based Decision Support System for Acute Abdominal Pain.
- Martti Forsell, JoY, Implementation of Instruction-Level and Thread-Level Parallelism in Computers. Download dissertation.
- Jilei Tian, KuY, Artificial Neural Network and Signal Processing Techniques Applied to the Analysis of Auditory Evoked Potentials.
- Anneli Tikkala, KuY Neural Network and Lexical Processing: Three Models for Finnish.
- Marja Kopponen, JoY, CAI in CS. Download dissertation.
- Eila Kuikka, KuY, Processing of Structured Documents Using an Syntax-Directed Approach.
- Pekka Toivanen, LUT, New Distance Transforms for Gray-Level Image Compression. Download dissertation.
- Jarmo Ahonen, JoY, Modeling Physical Domains for Knowledge Based Systems. Download dissertation.
- Seppo Lammi, KuY, A Statistical Expert System Prototype. An application of Knowledge Engineering to Management of Confounding Factors.