Doctoral Programme in Law
The Doctoral Programme in Law of the UEF offers high-standard and interdisciplinary oriented doctoral studies that prepare doctoral students for both academic research career as well as various legal expert tasks in working life. The Doctoral Programme in Law offers the following degrees: Doctor of Law and Doctor of Philosophy. The programme is available in English for both international and Finnish postgraduate students.
UEF Law School’s strategic research areas cover climate, energy and environmental law; empirical legal research; and legal research focusing on welfare related issues. In addition to these research areas, doctoral students can pursue doctoral degree in other disciplines, such as criminal law, administrative law and commercial law.
Current information concerning doctoral studies is available in Yammer.
Current news and events
The next application deadline for the doctoral programme in law is on February 2020. For more information, see admission requirements and applying process
Event calendar of the Doctoral Programme in Law
This calendar includes courses, seminars and other important events or deadlines for the academic year 2019-2020. There are also those courses organized by the UEF Doctoral school that have already been scheduled. At the bottom of the calendar there are hints about useful websites for e.g. research ethics (incl. CV template), data management and career guidance.
- UEF launches joint Master's degree programme in environmental law with the Universities of Uppsala and Tromsø
- New research questions fish stocking obligations
- International climate change study benefits from research method developed at UEF
- Effectiveness of multilateral climate agreements in focus in Joensuu
- EIA law re-design selected as Academy of Finland's key project
- The Euratom Treaty has stood the test of time
- A Regulated Land Access and Compensation Model: Towards More Sustainable and Efficient Shale Gas Development in the European Union?
- Linking Rights to Food and Land in Ethiopia: The Need to Reform the Relevant Legal Framework to Enhance Food and Nutrition Security
- The Study on the Quality of Legislation. Case European Union Legislation
- Free Movement and Energy: The interpretation and application of the free movement provisions in the energy sector by the European Court of Justice