Neurobiology of Disease
Research is focused on understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease. We also focus our efforts on deciphering mechanisms and discovering biomarkers for mental disorders. We utilize sophisticated in vitro and in vivo methodologies and human and murine models.
Major research topics
- Effects of environmental exposures on brain health
- Air pollution and neurodegeneration
- Biomarkers for mental disorders
- Transcellular and intercellular communication in neurodegenerative diseases
- Mitochondrial degradation: mechanisms and consequences in neurodegenerative diseases
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to our group, please see the open call and application form here: UEF open positions.