University of Eastern Finland has moved to remote work - the university's staff will return to work on campus gradually
(Updated 19 May 2020 at 11.00)
Starting from the beginning of August, the units’ employees have started to return to work on campus. However, the number of employees working in the university’s facilities may not exceed half of the normal. Each unit can decide how to organise the return of its staff. The head of the department/school/unit must always have information about which employees are working on campus. However, employees belonging to a medical risk group will remain working remotely from home, and the practices relating to their return will be defined later.
The University of Eastern Finland’s above-mentioned recommendation on remote work, as well as the recommendation to hold meetings online, will remain in force for August and September. Further instructions will be given later.
The following basic instructions on safety and hygiene on campus must be followed by everyone (students, employees, visitors):
- Only come to the campus when you are healthy.
- The first thing to do when you arrive is to wash your hands. You should also wash your hands regularly throughout the day. Use hand sanitizer in situations where washing your hands is not possible.
- Keep a safe distance to others (1.5–2 metres).
- No handshaking, no hugging.
- Use protective gloves when you are using shared devices.
- Prefer online meetings whenever this is possible.