(Updated 25.3. added Teams installation guide)
Howto: Organizing an online meeting
All meetings in UEF are currently organized online (Teams, Skype). Recommended tools are Teams and Skype. Use cases
· Team meeting
· Workgroup regular meeting
· Large group meeting
What is Teams?
Teams, a cloud service included in Office 365 tools, is a collaboration tool for education and workgroups. The application is well suited for online meetings, featuring audio or video calls and desktop sharing. A meeting can be organized in one of several ways: participants may be invited from your Outlook calendar or the meeting can be scheduled in the Teams app
How can I use Teams?
Teams can be accessed either through a browser or by installing a desktop version of it:
- Microsoft Teams comes with an Office suite that is installed on all UEF staff workstations
- For home computers please use the following link https://products.office.com/fi-fi/microsoft-teams/download-app
- For mobile, Teams can be found in the phone app store
Skype for Business
The application is preinstalled in your UEF workstation and you can use it for scheduling a meeting from your calendar. In addition to audio or video calls, instant messaging is available.
Help from here.
HOWTO: Schedule and Online Meeting
A scheduled meeting for specific participants
You can organize an online meeting for named participants or groups. Follow these guidelines:
· Microsoft’s video guide: the beginning of the video shows how to use the Teams calendar to send an invitation (duration 02:00) Screenshots from the video: 1. Locating the New meeting button, 2. Meeting details form, 3. Invitees view of the new meeting
· Microsoft’s guide: How to organize an online meeting using Outlook, includes instructions on how to find the Teams icon in your Outlook calendar
A scheduled online meeting (for a pre-existing team in Teams)
Skype For Business
If your team for an activity or a workgroup already exists in Teams, it’s a good idea to use it to organize online meetings. You’ll find all your online meetings in the same place
- Microsoft’s video guide: Use your Teams calendar to organize online meetings for a specific team, specifying it for a certain channel, find it at 1:30 onwards (duration 0:30)
Screenshots from the video: 1. Locating the New meeting button, 2. Meeting details form, 3. Invitees view of the new meeting
- Microsoft’s video guide: Microsoft’s video guide: How to schedule an online meeting from a Teams discussion (choose the Schedule a meeting option). From 00:41 onward, how to schedule an online meeting).
Screenshots from the video: 1.Finding the Call button, 2.Making the call, 3.Adding participants and sharing your desktop.
Guide: Instant Meeting or Call
Skype For Business
You can organize an instant meeting between two or more participants using one of two methods::
- Microsoft’s video guide:using the chat feature, making an instant call from a chat (duration 01:35)
- Microsoft’s video guide: using the call feature (starting from 00:55, duration about 1 min)
Screenshots from the video: 1. Create a new chat and add participants/a>, 2. Making a call from chat and naming the chat,, 3. Adding a chat to favorites, 4. Details of the Calls feature.
- Microsoftin ohjevideo: kanavan keskustelun kautta, videossa näytetään pikakokouksen järjestäminen. (pituus 02:11)
- Lisäksi voit katsoa UEF Teams opetuksessa ohjevideon.
Copyright notes: Some Creative Commons material has been copied from HAMK website. A link to the HAMK website: https://blog.hamk.fi/ohjeet/verkkokokoukset-teamsissa/