Most of the licensed e-resources are available to all within the University of Eastern Finland network. In practice, this means that the library users who do not have the UEF user name and password can access the licensed e-resources only on the computers in the campus libraries. The KUH staff members can access the e-resources within the KUH network.
The following user groups can access the e-resources outside the university network via a remote access connection and the UEF Primo:
- UEF staff members
- UEF degree and postgraduate students
- UEF Open University students
- so-called cross-institutional students (students studying at the University of Eastern Finland through cooperation agreements between institutions)
- UEF MBA students
- UEF Psychotherapist Training students
- UEF specialisation studies students
- KUH staff members
The KUH staff members who are not also students or staff of the university (and therefore do not have a UEF username) can receive separate remote access rights by visiting the KUH Medical Library.
The rights to access the resources remotely are valid for the duration of the studies or employment. Remote access rights are valid only for students who have registered as being present. Students registered as absent are able to apply special remote access rights for a justified reason by filling a request form on the UEF e-Services website. The reason for absence must relate to the studies or other university functions. Within the form, please check the item labelled 'Library Electronic Collections (remote access)'. If you are unable to access the UEF e-Services website, please contact the UEF IT Service Desk.
You are generally allowed to:
- browse the resources and make searches
- view the resources infinitely on a computer or a mobile device screen
- print your search results on paper or save them on a file in moderate amounts for your own non-commercial study or research purposes
- print on paper or save on a file individual articles or parts of e-books in moderate amounts
- send electronic or print copies of individual articles to another person's personal use in the name of academic cooperation
You are generally not allowed to:
- use the resources or parts of them for commercial purposes
- distribute, sell or modify the materials, make spin-off copies or provide access to persons who are not entitled to use the materials
- remove or change the name of the author or the publisher's copyright information or other identification information or prohibitions
- use data-mining software
- copy or print the materials on paper systematically or republish the materials in another format
- systematically save large amounts of information (such as complete issues or volumes of a journal) on your personal computer or upload them on, for example, your personal website
Sign in UEF Primo using your UEF username and password via the Sign in or Full text availability links.
Sign in via the separate login site using your KUH remote access username and password. They can be requested by sending email to kys.kirj[at]kuh.fi or visiting the KUH Medical Library.
FOR More Information
Feedback will be processed daily. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately if they are essential to the service and in accordance with the operating policy. All feedback will be processed in the relevant services. If necessary, feedback will also be processed in the library's working groups. Feedback and the changes prompted by feedback will be processed annually by the management group in the management review.